Hi,

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 11:19:56AM -0500, Selva Nair wrote:
> Did I overlook something?

Sounds too complex to me :-) - "just use def1" is good.

> Not that I like it. Wonder how android does it.

Well, there's a VPN API - you tell the API "these networks is what I want
to connect to" and then it will do routing table / routing policy magic
to get *your* packets into the tun (and nobody else's) - and on close
of the API, that stuff gets removed again.

Which is in a way similar to "def1" :-) - except that openvpn doesn't
have to do any cleanup (as far as I'm aware) and doesn't need to bother
about redirecting the existing gateway (install host route) and anything
because the API takes care of that.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de