> Il 11/12/2016 20:44, Илья Шипицин ha scritto:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> as we release new versions of openvpn installer, there are at least two
>> "channels"
>>
>> a) beta
>> b) stable
>>
>> should we also host some rss/atom feed with the most recent versions of
>> 2 channels ?
>>
>> so, that openvpn-gui could check "for updates"
>> also, there's an exception for WinXP (which I've no idea what to do with).
>>
>> it will help users to understand "new version is released, probably I
>> should upgrade".
>>

> Notifying the user would probably be ok, and for that we'd need some feed.
> The feed could be much simpler than RSS/Atom, if only machines would read
> it.

I considered PAD-files http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Check_online_for_Updates

there're two places for upgrading (or notifiyng user)

a)  installer (in case user run old installer)
b)  openvpn-gui itself

> That said, I think Windows application auto-updaters are very distracting,
> and I would prefer to publish new OpenVPN Windows packages in a Chocolatey
> repository:
>
> <https://chocolatey.org/>

I missed this one. it might be a better choice than PAD

https://chocolatey.org/packages/openvpn - there's already openvpn. should
we contact current maintainer ?