On 02/02/2017 14:07, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 04:58:37PM +0500, Илья Шипицин wrote:
>>> Please send your patch using [git-send-email](https://git-s
>>> cm.com/docs/git-send-email). For example to send your latest commit to
>>> the list:
>>>
>>>     $ git-send-email --to=openvpn-devel@lists.sourceforge.net HEAD~1
>>>

>> documentation seems to be confusing here.
>> I could not get "git-send-email" for fedora, it is "git send-email" instead.
>
> I think this was a typ0 from Samuli. It's "git send-email" on every system.
> Giving an easy way to send patches (with just one command) is probably useful:
> avoid several iterations when people try to send their patches with gmail and
> similar ..
>
> Cheers,

It was not a typo. I actually did not know about "git send-email" until
now. I've used "git-send-email" which on Debian/Ubuntu resides in
/usr/lib/git-core. Are these the same thing?

Anyways, let's use "git send-email" in the PR template if that one is
readily available on all Git installations.

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager

irc freenode net: mattock