Am 17.02.2017 um 17:35 schrieb Emmanuel Deloget:
> I understand that I'm the new guy in town, but can you allow me to
> make the formal request to ditch OpenSSL 0.9.8, 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 and
> require at least version 1.0.2?

1.0.1 has also gone out of support, and I propose to let the distros
sort out the upgrading and if someone needs to go forward with his
OpenVPN version to a future 2.5.0 that would no longer work with 1.0.1,
they could always add another newer OpenSSL package as well, possibly in
a separate prefix, say /opt/openssl102.

Note that I am not speaking on behalf of the project, just personally,
and that out of the way, since this code isn't likely going to be part
of a stable release,
I propose that it be only compatible back to supported OpenSSL versions,
i. e. 1.0.2 and 1.1.0.