Hi,

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 01:41:15AM +0100, fragmentux wrote:
> WRT systemd and 3rd party 'servers'
>
> I am curious to know of any other "Server service" who decide ..
> to *rely* on ..
> a *forced* 'systemd (almost) unconditional restart by default'

Some software provides their own wrapper scripts to ensure restarts
(like squid, for example) because not all systems have facilities to
do that.  So being able to use systemd to ensure the daemon stays up
relieves the developers from cooking their own scripts.

mgetty+sendfax' faxrunqd, for example, is started from /etc/inittab on
systems that do not have systemd - for exactly the same reason: if
something happens, faxrunqd gets automatically restarted.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de