Hi,

On 29-10-17 22:03, Selva wrote:
> I would like to see new features transparently supported on Windows
> as well without the need for too much extra code and associated
> maintenance burden. Our 'cryptoapicert' implementation is already in
> need of a major re-write to support TLS 1.2 and newer.

Fully agree.  Since cryptoapicert is windows-specific, I actually think
it would be better to add a 'CNG'[0] implementation to the windows
wrapper, and make that use management-external-key.  That would probably
improve UX a lot too, showing users a drop-down to select a key, etc.
We can then remove the whole deprecated cryptoapi implementation from
the openvpn core.

> From that point of view, instead of file-based wrapped keys, if a pkcs11
> compatible API can be used to access TPM (that's possible isn't it?) TPM
> could be more widely usable without the need of any additional support
> in openssl or openvpn.

Since this one is transparent, and works as long as the user loads the
right engine, I don't see any limitations to include this patch.

-Steffan

[0]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa376210(v=vs.85).aspx