Hi,

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:56:10AM +0100, David Sommerseth wrote:
> And to me this feels like it actually contradicts our netlink discussion
> on the Hackathon, where you initially wanted to use an external library
> ... ;-)

It's a matter of complexity.   Netlink is binary, complex, and hard to
verify (unless you write your own decoder, which might have bugs on its
own).

JSON is very trivial to produce (unlike XML, or netlink).  The escaping
rules on producing are also very easy - basically, encode things in double
quotes, and escape the set of { BS, FF, NL, CR, Tab, Backslash, Quote }
with a single backslash before the corresponding character.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19176024/how-to-escape-special-characters-in-building-a-json-string

For *parsing*, I'd agree with you...

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de