On 10/7/18 9:10 AM, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Gert,

>  - most voices argued for "do not require an external library"
>    (for *creation*).  Not sure if we managed to convince David in
>    the end, though :-)

In the meantime I had some "great" experience with manually generating
JSON in another project. That was a terrible mistake ;-) So I would not
recommend following this path any longer. Maybe not even JSON, but
something typed and/or even binary.

> ... but then it just died off, and the patch is sitting in patchwork
> (where I moved it to "changes requested" just now).
>
> Is there interest in moving forward, or shall we just let it go?

I'm not really interested in it anymore, and I brought it up ;-) So if
no one else is interested, maybe better let it go...

Cheers,
François