On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 11:12:03 +0200
Borodin Oleg <boro...@unix7.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:41:37 +0200
> Samuli Seppänen <sam...@openvpn.net> wrote:
>
> > Il 12/12/2017 13:46, Borodin Oleg ha scritto:
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I wrote a small web interface for managing openvpn services and obtaining
> > > detail network information.
> > > http://wiki.unix7.org/vpnsw
> > >
> > > I wrote it to replace a legacy corporate vpn-crutch.
> > > It is already quite working, we manage more 400 tunnels/1200 workplaces.
> > >
> > > I have a question: how interesting this product is for continue
> > > developing?
> > > As opensource, of course.
> > >
> > > [Sorry, I sent this also to openvpn-users@]
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the use-case for vpnsw? Is this meant for managing client
> > connections on an OpenVPN server?
> >

> Hi, Samuli!
>
> We use it to disable/enable and monitor user/workstation/branch office groups.
> One VPN service on VPN concentrator related to 5-30 VPN "users", total to one
> VPNc ~ 100-300, total to company workstation uses VPN direct or indirect ~
> 1400. Disconnection use for routine maintenance (synchronization/exchange of
> application/corporate databases "into night" =) or urgently needed, and yet
> etc).
>
> I can of course write a control of each user but so far there was no such
> purpose. I also can write to show tail of any service log in runtime.
> That's why I'm asking if there is an interest in development.

PS

For management of certificates for OpenVPN services I wrote yet one application
- MiniCA,
it implements a full X.509 cycle from creation of CA keys-certificates to
creating revocation lists.
Used for management more 2500 certificates.
http://minica.unix7.org

May be we can use this project/X509 model of the project to manage VPN, in
future.

--
With best regards,
Oleg Borodin