> Il 07/02/2018 21:58, David Sommerseth ha scritto:
> > On 07/02/18 20:32, Илья Шипицин wrote:
> >> After auth-token were introduced, when user press "Reconnect", it leads
> >> auth fail (saved password is forgotten), we run about 1000 users, nobody
> >> complains.
> >
> > This is actually expected, I'd say - but smells like a bug on the server
> side
> > authentication.
> >
> > Selva may correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of it when
> clicking
> > "Reconnect", the local OpenVPN process which caches the auth-token is
> stopped
> > and a new OpenVPN process is started.  The client should in this case
> ask for
> > username/password again.  So in this case, the server side should treat
> this
> > connection as a fresh connection with no initial state.
> >
> > The step of stopping the local client and starting a new and fresh one is
> > definitely not a bad feature to have on clients.
> >
> >> It looks like nobody uses that button.
> >>
> >> So, I asked several users, they confirmed they do not use Reconnect.
> >
> > This is no good argument for me.  This is one specific setup with 1000
> users.
> > It would be more valuable with 50 different setups having 20 users
> each.  Your
> > conclusion is based on a very homogeneous environment.
>
> I agree. I also agree that the underlying problem should be fixed.
>
> That said, Ilya's message was sent to both openvpn-users and
> openvpn-devel and nobody has screamed "do not remove the Reconnect
> button" :). The only additional thing we can do is post a message to the
> forums. As usual, the only sure way to get feedback (read: complaints)
> is to release the changes in an official build/installer.

I suggest to do that after 2.4.5 installer.
I'll write post on the forum. I think, even a good idea to place snapshot
installer with new feature (i.e. button removed) to forum as well.

after feedback is received we can take it into account and act.

I also noticed nobody screaming "stop!!! do not remove that button!!!"

Samuli ?