Hi,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 3:01 AM, Samuli Seppänen <sam...@openvpn.net> wrote:

> Excellent and thanks for testing! This gives me a lot more confidence in
> the Authenticode signature.

I don't want to question that as none of my Windows hosts complains about
the signature. But the driver details tab shows the file as not digitally
signed. That's as in, adapter properties -> driver -> driver details. One
level before that it shows Digital signer: OpenVPN Tech.. Go figure.. And
likely this "problem" existed in previous version too. This is on Windows 7.

Looking into this further using pnputil and sigverify:

C:\Windows\System32>pnputil -e
Microsoft PnP Utility

.. snipped...

Published name :            oem13.inf
Driver package provider :   Microsoft
Class :                     Printers
Driver date and version :   05/28/2012 15.0.4128.4000
Signer name :               Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility
Publisher

Published name :            oem14.inf
Driver package provider :   TAP-Windows Provider V9
Class :                     Network adapters
Driver date and version :   04/13/2018 9.00.00.21
Signer name :

...snipped...

C:\Windows\System32\catroot>  sigverify

This also lists tap0901.sys as unsigned.

Is this a known Windows 7 issue? Will check Windows 10 later tonight.

Selva