Hi,

On 06/06/18 02:43, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 12:11:40AM +0800, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
>>> Without having done much review here, just one initial caveat: did you
>>> test this with --ifconfig-pool-persist?  What happens?
>>
>> It should just be ignored.
>> At the moment pool-persist works only for IPv4 and there is no support
>> for IPv6. This has not been changed by this patchset.
>
> Well, it does save the (calculated) v6 address into the save file...
>
> So, what happens if you run a server with --ifconfig-pool-persist and
> no IPv4?  Will it crash, not write anything to the file, write garbage?

It won't start. --ifconfig-pool-persist *requires* --ifconfig-pool that
is a v4 option and is not set (normally set by --server).

However, even if we were to remove this option check, it should write
the proper IPv6 into the file, but would not read them back as per the
check below.

>> I added a check about it in ifconfig_pool_read():
>>
>> 521     /* IPv6 logic not implemented yet, therefore bail out if no IPv4
>> pool was
>> 522      * configured
>> 523      */
>> 524     if (pool && !pool->ipv4.enabled)
>> 525     {
>> 526         return;
>> 527     }
>
> We should aim to make this work as well (but it could be patch 6 of the
> series :-)).

Definitely :) I just thought that "it is not there now, so it can't be a
regression if we don't have it after this patchset". :)

However, it is definitely something we can add as extra feature at the
end of the patchset. I'll see if I can squeeze that into v2.

Thanks for the comments!

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli