Hi,

> Since crypto_overhead and crypto_max_overhead() are both size_t, and
> frame_add_to_extra_frame() is declared to take an "unsigned int" now,
> this cast should not be necessary.

Visual Studio disagrees. Without explicit cast I got

> warning C4267: 'function': conversion from 'size_t' to 'const unsigned
int', possible loss of data

https://docs.microsoft.com/fi-fi/cpp/error-messages/compiler-warnings/compiler-warning-level-3-c4267?view=vs-2017

'var' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'type', possible loss of data
The compiler detected a conversion from size_t to a smaller type.

> Unnecessary casts hide bugs and hurt my eyes...

OTOH this is level 3 warning, which we have over 500. Since we'll probably
change level warning to 2 and
GCC doesn't complain, I'll remove it.

Maybe call the negative increment a "decrement" instead?

Yes.

Otherwise indeed much clearer.

V3 is on its way.

--