Il 25/10/18 15:05, Eric Crist ha scritto:
>> On Oct 24, 2018, at 06:47:58, Samuli Seppänen <sam...@openvpn.net> wrote:
>>
>> Signed PGP part
>> Hi,
>>
>> The OpenVPN Inc. webmaster would like to add Google Analytics to
>> community.openvpn.net, i.e. our Trac wiki/bug tracker. I said we need to
>> consult the community first because GA can be seen as a form of spying.
>> Here's our webmaster's view on this subject:
>>
>> ---
>>
>> "The goal of this would be to understand what information first-time
>> users are finding the most valuable on community.openvpn.net."
>>
>> "As this is a publicly accessible community without the requirement to
>> join to read the articles, it would be advantageous for all to
>> understand which pieces of content the public are finding the most
>> useful, what encourages them to become a part of the community, and what
>> potentially persuaded them to use start using a commercial product."
>>
>> "As openvpn.net links to community.openvpn.net and vice versa this will
>> also help us to understand the complete journey of a user and help to
>> improve the website experience, which can only be seen as a positive."
>>
>> ---
>>
>> In today's community meeting there was some concern about the spying
>> aspect of Google Analytics, but nobody was strongly opposed. This was I
>> believe, in part, because it is fairly easy to block Google Analytics if
>> one so wishes.
>>
>> So, what do _you_ think?
>

> We have had Google Analytics built in to the forum for years.  I think since
> their inception.  Not a single person has made a complaint (I’m sure I’ll get
> some now).
>
> I’m not opposed to adding GA to the community site.

Right now there is some internal resistance within the company to using
Google Analytics at all. I believe much of it is related to GDPR. So, at
the moment, it seems that GA won't happen on Trac and may in time be
removed from elsewhere as well. But all this is still in speculative
stage, so take it with a grain of salt.

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager