Hi,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 03:33:24PM -0400, Selva Nair wrote:
> > +    else if (family == AF_INET6)
> > +    {
> > +        if (ack.error_number != NO_ERROR)
> > +        {
> > +            msg(M_NONFATAL, "TUN: setting IPv6 mtu using service
> > failed: %s [status=%u if_index=%d]",
> > +                strerror_win32(ack.error_number, &gc),
> > ack.error_number, mtu_msg.iface.index);
> > +        }
>
> Though this repetition is fine with me and may be we do
> the same in other similar contexts, cant we combine these
> two cases into one by defining a string "IPv4" or "IPv6"
> based on the value of family?
>
> The same applies to windows_set_mtu() as well.

Yes please,  Newer code already tries to do this (like most of the
service-related stuff calling a common function for ipv4-or-ipv6 stuff).

(We don't do this for the existing ifconfig orgy because it would not
really help readibility... but hopefully that one will get cleaned
up more thoroughly eventually)