Hi Samuli,

On 05/04/19 16:00, Samuli Seppänen wrote:
Hi,

A new pre-release tap-windows6 driver (9.23.1) is available for testing.
It should work on Windows 7/8/8.1/Server 2012r2. It _will not_ work  on
Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016/2019.

The driver includes several new features such as support for NDIS 6.30
arm64 support, improvements in driver version display, etc.

Download the installer from here:

https://build.openvpn.net/downloads/snapshots/tap-windows-9.23.1-I601.exe

For those who want the raw, signed driver files please download the zip
file:

https://build.openvpn.net/downloads/snapshots/tap-windows-9.23.1.zip

I install-tested driver on Windows Server 2012r2 and there were no
obvious problems.

It would be great if other people could smoke-test the new driver - just
install it on top of existing OpenVPN installation. In particular
running OpenVPN with the driver would be useful.

I've installed the driver on my Win 7 Pro laptop and it installed and runs just fine. I also ran some performance tests and it seems the performance characteristics have changed a bit: iperf download speeds are reported higher (195 Mbps vs 150 Mbps) as long as you don't specify any tuning options. Funnily enough you need to specify these options if you want to get full performance on a regular Ethernet interface (in which case I get 930 Mbps).

cheers,

JJK