Hi,

Il 24/06/19 14:33, Samuli Seppänen ha scritto:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Thanks for the info again!
>
> Il 21/06/19 18:59, Simon Rozman ha scritto:
>> (21:04:58) mattock: assuming Microsoft's systems are happy with the test
>> submission package, that is
>> (21:05:12) mattock: they _should_ be, but we have not tested submitting
>> anything yes
>>
>> 1. Do the SDV and DVL to get tap901.DVL.xml.
>
> I'm working on this right now. Based on brief practical testing EWDK may
> not be able to do this, even though it is apparently possible to produce
> SDV logs from the command-line:>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/develop/creating-a-log-file-for-static-driver-verifier
>
> It _seems_ that EWDK might not have all the necessary pieces for
> producing SDV log files. MS does briefly mention that EWDK is not
> suitable for doing driver testing, whatever that means. So, to play it

Actually it is probably possible to use the EWDK for running Static
Driver Verifier:

<https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/windows-driver-docs/blob/staging/windows-driver-docs-pr/develop/creating-a-driver-verification-log.md>
<https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/static-driver-verifier>

> safe, I'm installing Visual Studio 2019 plus the "normal" Windows Driver
> Kit on my tapbuilder VM.

So, I took a stab at producing the Static Driver Verifier logs in Visual
Studio 2019 ("Extensions" -> "Static Driver Verifier"), but it just
complains about

"Please select a driver project for sdv to verify"

I wonder if I just hit a usability problem, or if something is actually
missing from tap-windows6?

Attempting to run SDV from the command-line (adapted from first link
above) fails as well. The /clean part works fine, but running SDV fails:

PS> msbuild.exe src\tap-windows6.vcxproj /p:Configuration="Release"
/p:Platform=x64 /target:sdv /p:inputs="/clean"

--- snip ---

PS> msbuild.exe src\tap-windows6.vcxproj /p:Configuration="Release"
/p:Platform=x64 /target:sdv /p:inputs="/check:default.sdv"

  [INFO] Validating XML against schema: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\10\TOOLS\SDV\smv\bin\Config.xsd
  [INFO] Running local scheduler with 2 threads
  [FATAL ERROR] Unrecoverable error in NormalBuild stage.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\10\build\windowsdriver.Sdv.targets(136,9): error MSB3073: The
command "staticdv /ch
eck:default.sdv" exited with code -1.
[C:\Users\samuli\opt\tap-windows6\src\tap-windows6.vcxproj]
Done Building Project
"C:\Users\samuli\opt\tap-windows6\src\tap-windows6.vcxproj" (sdv
target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\samuli\opt\tap-windows6\src\tap-windows6.vcxproj" (sdv target)
(1) ->
(sdv target) ->
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\10\build\windowsdriver.Sdv.targets(136,9): error MSB3073: The
command "staticdv /
check:default.sdv" exited with code -1.
[C:\Users\samuli\opt\tap-windows6\src\tap-windows6.vcxproj]

    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:02.65

---

Am I missing something [that is obvious to a Windows developer]?

Samuli

[*] Adapting the instructions of the first link, above