Am 23.03.20 um 18:19 schrieb Michael Kress:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunatelly it seems, we are stuck to LZO for now, because it has
> been configured in the clients, which run 2.3. Most of these clients are
> offline most of the time, so reconfiguring or upgrading all of them
> before updating the server will become difficult.
>
> You are completely right: One reason for upgrading to OpenVPN 2.4 is
> indeed this feature. Another reason is, that Client and Server can
> negotiate to use AES instead of Blowfish :-)

You can use client-connect to disable compression for newer clients.
Example here: http://plai.de/android/peerid.py

I would suggest stub-v2 instead lz4 however since that effectively
disables compression completely (voracle).

AS also takes this approach. Maybe we should make that default in newer
versions.

Arne

P.S.: Sorry double copy, forgot to add CC to list in first email.