Hi

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 2:33 AM Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 08:23:35AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> > This can also happen if you run the GUI with admin privs (because then
> > it will not use the iservice *but* openvpn needs *more* privs than
> > "just administrator", and wintun can not be used at all).
>
> Continueing this thought: I think we might want to abort earlier in
> the OpenVPN startup in this case, that is, "wintun and no iservice pipe".

+1 to that. Should be easy to add this check in the GUI.

I think we can also relax the "do not connect to iservice if admin"
restriction
as that was added to protect against some Windows Vista mis-behaviour.

An additional check in openvpn.exe whether it's started as SYSTEM could be
useful as well, but less critical, IMO.

Selva