Hi,

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 04:00:13PM +0100, Arne Schwabe wrote:
> > ... and the client would then either print this on the console
> > (if !management) or dump it to management, where the GUI/Tunnelblick
> > could pick it up and create a popup window.
> >
> See --echo.  That is basically what you desribe as info-msg in your mail

While echo sounds as if it would do what I want, it doesn't.

Echo is "something magic" - it is never printed by the 2.x client, it
is not even logged.  And it's not displayed by the GUIs either, but
instead it can be used to "do things"...

So less "echo to user" but "send this string to the management interface
and make the mgmt client do something magic"...