Hi,

On 13/07/2022 12:53, Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,

close, but NAK, due to...

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 10:10:19AM +0200, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
This new API can be used to retrieve the type of a specific interface.
It's mostly platform dependant, but right now expected values are
"ovpn-dco", "tun" or "tap".

Other values are possible too, but they are not of interest to us.

This commit also extends the networking unit-test by using the newly
introduced API in conjunction with iface_new and iface_del.

The t_next.sh script has been slightly adapted to allow running these
tests in standalone (as they don't require any iproute2 counterpart).

Typo: t_net.sh (but this is not the crucial bit).

+int
+net_iface_type(openvpn_net_ctx_t *ctx, const char *iface,
+               char type[IFACE_TYPE_LEN_MAX])
+{
+    struct sitnl_link_req req = { };
+    int ifindex = if_nametoindex(iface);
+
+    if (!ifindex)
+    {
+        return errno;
+    }

I think this violates the "errors are returned as negative errno" function
contract (and this is a code change, I won't "fix this on the fly").

you're right. I thought I had fixed this...but I must have forgotten to add it to the commit.

+for i in $(seq $(($LAST_AUTO_TEST + 1)) ${LAST_TEST}); do

Does $(( $A + 1 )) work in POSIX shells?

t_net.sh currenty requires bash, but I wonder if this is really needed,
and a POSIX /bin/sh would do the job.

I think there are other bashism in this script (check arrays and stuff like that). Back then we concluded that "since this script runs only on linux, it's ok like this".

Also, while at it - maybe add a unit test for "this interface does not exist"
(as we need that functionality for the "--dev tun3" test)?

yap yap, can do!

gert

Thanks!

--