Hi,

On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 8:19 PM Marc Becker via Openvpn-devel <
openvpn-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Modify the Win32-PE search path to find dependencies
> in shared object origin location.
>
> Needs https://github.com/OpenSC/pkcs11-helper/pull/59 to work.

> Would be nice if this could still be included for v2.6,

an additional pkcs11-helper patch may be added to preempt the PR.

At first glance it looks like the proposed change will build cleany even
without the upstream although the feature to set loader_flags will get
bypassed (as PKCS11H_PROVIDER_PROPERTY_LOADER_FLAGS will evaluate as
undefined)

I think we should leave it at that instead of carrying around another local
patch for pkcs11-helper. If/when it gets merged upstream we'll have this
feature. Until then Windows users can still set the PATH and have their
providers loaded from arbitrary source directories.

In other words, the option to set load_flags is just a convenience, not a
necessity, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the patches, I couldn't apply them -- tried from email and
patchwork. Corrupt lines due to line breaks?

> ---
> 2.38.1.windows.1

Possibly that explains it :)

Unless it's only me, a v2 will be required to fix the patch. At that point,
it would be nice to have Signed-off lines and better commit messages that
are clear and descriptive.

Selva