Hi,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 4:47 AM Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> Looking at the code, I do wonder why we increase the unsuccessful_attempts
> by the number of entries *skipped*
>
> -                c->options.unsuccessful_attempts++;
> +                c->options.unsuccessful_attempts += advance_count;

I was not sure. In response to an old patch (now obsolete) where I had
removed skip to not count as a failure, Arne had this comment:

"Also I want skip to count a failure since a UI might have some knowledge
that certain remotes cannot work and skipping therefore should also
count as "have tried this remote""

But that was when SKIP always advanced by 1.

Selva