Hi,

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 05:30:23PM -0500, Selva Nair wrote:

> > > We already have min_int and min_uint in integer.h. For consistency I
> > > would prefer using those instead of adding a macro.

Unfortunately, this is more than "just an extra macro" - it breaks our
> MSVC builds due to the windows equivalent of -Werr and macro
> redefinition...

https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/actions/runs/3786194652/jobs/6436868937

Sorry about that -- I did not check MSVC build.

Looks like a fix is already in. Thanks Arne.

One thing that confuses me slightly - either I am holding this wrong, or
> I don't understand how this is supposed to work...
>
>  - I run the client with --management-hold
>  - connect to the management interface
>  - try remote-entry-count ...
>
>     >INFO:OpenVPN Management Interface Version 4 -- type 'help' for more
> info
>     >HOLD:Waiting for hold release:0
>     remote-entry-count
>     ERROR: The remote-entry-count command is not supported by the current
> daemon mode
>
>  - do a hold release (openvpn connects to the first remote now), then try
>    again...
>
>     hold release
>     SUCCESS: hold release succeeded
>     remote-entry-count
>     5
>     END

My test implementation in the GUI constructs the list when first >REMOTE
query is received. If there is no >REMOTE from the daemon, the feature is
not used. That works.

That said, making these commands work from management-hold would have been
nice, but looked harder to implement -- we need a callback to get the
context in management.c, but callbacks are initialized late.

Selva