On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 1:25 PM Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 01:18:02PM -0500, Selva Nair wrote:
> > My test implementation in the GUI constructs the list when first >REMOTE
> > query is received. If there is no >REMOTE from the daemon, the feature is
> > not used. That works.
>
> So what's the magic --option to make openvpn query for >REMOTE?

--management-query-remote

> (My understanding of the management interface details is limited... I just
> happen to stumble across things here and there :-) )
>
> > That said, making these commands work from management-hold would have
> been
> > nice, but looked harder to implement -- we need a callback to get the
> > context in management.c, but callbacks are initialized late.
>
> Yes, definitely looked like it.  But if OpenVPN queries for >REMOTE
> voluntarily ("if more than one option exists"), that sounds good enough.

Yet undecided whether we should include this option from the GUI, or
require the user to add this to the config. Unlike
management-query-passwords adding this option always has the side effect of
querying for remote. That may annoy/burden some users who want to leave it
to the daemon via remote-random or use the first that works or whatever.

Or, we could always add this option, and just accept the first prompt if
the user does not want this feature.

Selva