Attention is currently required from: plaisthos.

chugly has posted comments on this change by chugly. ( 
http://gerrit.openvpn.net/c/openvpn/+/1949?usp=email )

Change subject: tests: add an end-to-end test for --route gateway keywords
......................................................................


Patch Set 1:

This is the harness I mentioned on IRC. Pushing it so the discussion has
something concrete to look at rather than a description.

Two things worth deciding.

First, this would be the first use of network namespaces in the tree. From
what I was told most of the CI runners can do this and already do for DCO
work, but containers cannot, so it will skip there. If that is not
acceptable I can drop the namespace and create the dummy interface on the
host the way t_net.sh does, at the cost of touching the host routing table
while the test runs.

Second, it covers net_gateway for IPv4 only. The IPv6 side is the same code
path and I would add it once I9e45c0e lands, which is what prompted writing
this in the first place.

Unlike t_net.sh there is no HAVE_SITNL gate, because this needs no
specially built binary and skips at runtime instead. Happy to add one if
consistency is preferred.


--
To view, visit http://gerrit.openvpn.net/c/openvpn/+/1949?usp=email
To unsubscribe, or for help writing mail filters, visit 
http://gerrit.openvpn.net/settings?usp=email

Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Project: openvpn
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-Change-Id: I2e8f1449fe54e7f628e2bdb042ee2a567f25e02d
Gerrit-Change-Number: 1949
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: chugly <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: plaisthos <[email protected]>
Gerrit-CC: openvpn-devel <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Attention: plaisthos <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2026 03:25:33 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: No
Gerrit-Has-Labels: No
_______________________________________________
Openvpn-devel mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openvpn-devel

Reply via email to