Attention is currently required from: chugly, plaisthos.

flichtenheld has posted comments on this change by chugly. ( 
http://gerrit.openvpn.net/c/openvpn/+/1949?usp=email )

Change subject: tests: add an end-to-end test for --route gateway keywords
......................................................................


Patch Set 1: Code-Review-1

(6 comments)

Patchset:

PS1:
Generally speaking the netns-based test has advantages in terms of isolation, 
but a test that is usable on *BSD would also be good. I wonder whether it would 
be possible to re-use some of the test code or whether one would need to create 
a completely separate script for that.


File tests/t_route.sh:

http://gerrit.openvpn.net/c/openvpn/+/1949/comment/77809d49_afd6d430?usp=email :
PS1, Line 1: #!/usr/bin/env bash
This fails on the BSD runners. Maybe we can just port it to POSIX? I don't see 
anything that particularly needs bash?

t_net.sh seems to get away with it by making the decision in Makefile. But I 
would say the skip at runtime is preferable.


http://gerrit.openvpn.net/c/openvpn/+/1949/comment/77b70e66_b16b7565?usp=email :
PS1, Line 29: TARGET="10.71.250.1"       # what we ask to be routed via 
net_gateway
please apply the changes from shfmt in the failed format check.


http://gerrit.openvpn.net/c/openvpn/+/1949/comment/223cedbc_75cb6e87?usp=email :
PS1, Line 67: if ! $RUN_SUDO ip netns add "$NS" >/dev/null 2>&1; then
I don't particularly like the preemptive dumping to /dev/null. This command is 
silent unless it throws an error and then the error might be useful to 
differentiate between "can't create any ns" and "can't create this ns because 
it exists" (unlikely as that might be). So I would remove this.


http://gerrit.openvpn.net/c/openvpn/+/1949/comment/7b7a112b_5db8ae54?usp=email :
PS1, Line 79:     [ -n "$clt_pid" ] && kill "$clt_pid" 2>/dev/null
Again, I don't think the redirection to /dev/null is good here


http://gerrit.openvpn.net/c/openvpn/+/1949/comment/ccc4f156_009c1cbc?usp=email :
PS1, Line 83:     $RUN_SUDO ip netns del "$NS" 2>/dev/null
Nor here



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.openvpn.net/c/openvpn/+/1949?usp=email
To unsubscribe, or for help writing mail filters, visit 
http://gerrit.openvpn.net/settings?usp=email

Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Project: openvpn
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-Change-Id: I2e8f1449fe54e7f628e2bdb042ee2a567f25e02d
Gerrit-Change-Number: 1949
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: chugly <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: flichtenheld <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: plaisthos <[email protected]>
Gerrit-CC: openvpn-devel <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Attention: chugly <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Attention: plaisthos <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2026 11:48:01 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes
Gerrit-Has-Labels: Yes
_______________________________________________
Openvpn-devel mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openvpn-devel

Reply via email to