Hi all,

I'm using --CApath option for CA and CRL approving/checking

I just revoked a certificate, copied the new CRL to CApath, overwriting the old one, and the OpenVPN allowed the connection with that certificate.

The openssl command for this:
~# openssl verify -crl_check -CApath <cadir>  cert.crt
error 23 at 0 depth lookup:certificate revoked

I tried to connect several times, with success, which I shouldn't be able to.

However, if I restart the OpenVPN service, it works as expected, with the error:
<IP>:42410 VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=certificate revoked: C=........
Directories leading to CApath and files are accessible to all user: 0755/0644

I wonder if there is any kind of bug on this. Is this an expected behavior ?
One should not need to restart the OpenVPN instance, just to reread the CRL.

Am I missing something ?

Still using OpenVPN 2.3.2

--
Melhores Cumprimentos / Best Regards,