On 30/01/18 10:33, Samuli Seppänen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Il 29/01/2018 20:09, Selva Nair ha scritto:
>> (Cross posting to users and devel)
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2.4.x needs to support, Vista, isn't it?
>
> Good question and we have discussed in the past. Windows Vista is no
> longer supported by Microsoft:
>
> <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet>
>
> But then again, we do provide installers which work on Windows XP, which
> is similarly EOL. So I guess we do support Windows Vista for the time being.
<https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/SupportedVersions#SupportedWindowsversions>

Vista is currently in full support for 2.4.4.  WinXP is being phased out when
2.3 hits "Old stable support".  But we can certainly discuss the value of
supporting Vista when Microsoft does not officially support it.  I'd be in
favour of supporting only Win7 and newer.

Also compare this to our Linux support strategies.  We dropped RHEL5 support
once Red Hat dropped the support officially too.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Inc