I previously believed that all IP network communication was done at layer 2 via
arp and transmitting to the MAC address of the system responding for it's IP
address.  Then I realized that OpenVPN doesn't have MAC addresses, so how does
communication coming into an OpenVPN server from a non-OpenVPN interface get to
OpenVPN's tun interface?  Is there a Linux facility to examine the routing
table and transfer the inbound packet to the interface irrespective of MAC
address?  If so, can you tell me what it is or point me to some documentation
about it?  Thanks for the help.