Hi Gert

Thanks for your reply.

> Sent: Friday, December 03, 2021 at 12:09 AM
> From: "Gert Doering" <g...@greenie.muc.de>
> To: "Stella Ashburne" <rewe...@gmx.com>
> Cc: openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] (no subject)
>

> It is not sent by default, so nothing to do here.

Thanks for your clarification, Gert.

> (It will only be sent if you have "push-peer-info" in your client config,
> see "man openvpn" for what is always sent and what needs to be enabled)

About "push-peer-info":

I surfed to
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Openvpn24ManPage?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=JSUulbKidOapkzFKpsRhInXslT2sBquL7BK.lhuMS1s-1638461653-0-gaNycGzNCOU
 and learned that "push-peer-info" is an option in the server's configuration
file and not in the client's. If that's the case, can we specify an option in
the client's configuration file to refuse to give to the server such details
such as IFACE and HWADDR?

And since we are on the subject of "push-peer-info", I would appreciate it if
you could clarify the following that is written in man openvpn:

IV_HWADDR=<mac address> -- the MAC address of clients default gateway

By "default gateway", does the author of the man page refer to the router's MAC
address or to the MAC address of the network interface card in my machine?

> Thus: DO NOT USE A VPN PROVIDER THAT YOU DO NOT TRUST.

Thanks for your warning, Gert.

Regards.

Stella