Hi,

On Thu, Dec 02, 2021 at 05:33:32PM +0100, Stella Ashburne wrote:
> > (It will only be sent if you have "push-peer-info" in your client config,
> > see "man openvpn" for what is always sent and what needs to be enabled)
> About "push-peer-info":
>
> I surfed to
> https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Openvpn24ManPage?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=JSUulbKidOapkzFKpsRhInXslT2sBquL7BK.lhuMS1s-1638461653-0-gaNycGzNCOU
> and learned that "push-peer-info" is an option in the server's
> configuration file and not in the client's.

It is not.  Most of the time it is used in client configs (do not
confuse with regular "push <something>", which *is* a server option).

It can be used on the server, making the server send *its* versions
to the client - which is rarely useful.

> If that's the case, can
> we specify an option in the client's configuration file to refuse
> to give to the server such details such as IFACE and HWADDR?

By not having push-peer-info in the client's config.

> And since we are on the subject of "push-peer-info", I would appreciate it if
> you could clarify the following that is written in man openvpn:
>
> IV_HWADDR=<mac address> -- the MAC address of clients default gateway
>
> By "default gateway", does the author of the man page refer to the router's
> MAC address or to the MAC address of the network interface card in my machine?

The MAC address of the network card used to reach the default gateway.

(I think we have a patch somewhere to clarify that - it might even be
in the current man page.  You looked at the 2.4 man page, which is OLD)

gert