On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 17:27:20 +0000, tincantech via Openvpn-users
<openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.
>* Which now seems to edit your text out .. ?

I use an Agent Newsreader and communicate via the Gmane news mirror of the mail
list. Works like a charm since I started like 15 years ago or so...

>To test your speed use iperf3

Thanks for the suggestion of this tool!! :-)

I found a good intro to its usage here:
https://www.tecmint.com/test-network-throughput-in-linux/

>Remember, the upload speed is the usual bottle-neck.

I guess that is true for ADSL and the like (asymmetric DSL).

But I have 250/250 Mbit symmetric fiber so there is no network difference on
direction of data. I am plan to put a backup server on the 117 LAN and it needs
to have decent throughput so that the backups will not take forever...
Weekly incremental backups usually comprise about 10 GBytes.
But when a full backup hits then we are talking approximately 400 GBytes.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden