Hey Imre,

Le Friday 23 May 2008 16:13:59 Imre Kaloz, vous avez écrit :
> I share Gregers' view, too.. Also, one central git is a chaotic mess for
> this, every target would need it's own branch.. Think ddwrt's repo :P

John and I had a short discussion about that on irc. Basically, the idea
behind having git.openwrt.org is to have the following layout :

- patches-upstream.git which contains the patches against generic (or quite)
generic parts of the kernel
- ar7.git, adm5120.git, ifxmips.git ... for every target that is either
already merged mainline

I do not think this would confuse people, because we do not need to mention
such repositories to the "end user". This would definitively ease the work to
maintain custom drivers and archictecture code and ask mainline maintainers
to just pull those repository as a branch.

Do you like it better explained that way ?
--
Best regards, Florian Fainelli
Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]