> picking my nose, waiting on a patch from you, so i can ignore it and
> then get back to picking my nose.

I doubt any of we who have submitted ignored updates feel that way,
and I'm sorry you think we do.  The question I have is whether you
core devs would prefer patches submitted in a different way - we're
told to be patient and resubmit, but most of us are in the same
day-job/life predicament and don't often have time to continually
follow up.  I know I've followed up twice on one of my own patchsets
(originally from January) with no result.

Currently, it seems a lot of us just post a patch to this list and
hope it sticks; would you rather we also submit an appropriate ticket
as well?  Maybe a patch-queue sublist that is tied to this one?  We
want to help, but getting attention (or even fruitful discussion) on
patches is sometimes hit-and-miss.  If you don't like a particular
patch, even if for the reason that it just "doesn't feel right", just
say so.  I, for one, am willing to extend my definition of a
reasonable submission process if it means what we submit has a higher
probability of being accepted.