2010/5/17 Tathagata Das <tathag...@alumnux.com>:
> Hi,
> I have used source code of version 21251. It might be possible that some
> fixes has been made after that version which is not reflected in my code. So
> if I use latest code then that issue will be resolved.

The bugs are in the patch, not in the code already in openwrt, so it won't.

> You said that kernel patch should not contain any code under #ifdef. But it
> may happen that those changes are specific to WNR3500L. Then what should be
> the porting process ?

Something like this isn't wnr3500l speific:
+#ifndef CONFIG_WNR3500L
 void plat_irq_dispatch(void)
+#else
+void asmlinkage plat_irq_dispatch(void)
+#endif

If there is stuff specific to the wnr, you should wrap it in an
#ifdef-#endif, not #ifdef-#else-#endif, because it has to be possible
to build a kernel which supports both the old and socs.

> If you tell how to move this patch into a proper form, I can do this.
> However I have also one WNR3500L, nothing else.

Those are the worst problems, but you will spend a lot of time and
effort duplicating work I already did. I really suggest you spend your
time on some other area, as for example proper serial flash support (a
spi master driver) or network (both wired and wireless).