Okay, so I will start working on those drivers (serial and wired). Does current version of OpenWRT trunk supports WNR3500L ? Otherwise I need to download latest trunk, modify it to run on WNR3500L and then concentrate on drivers. If you elaborate the idea of spi master driver then it would help me to proceed faster.

Regards,
Tathagata