> I have added a patch that should fix the problem:
> https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/21497

> sdram_init was changed because some ASUS WL-500GP showed only 16MB RAM
> and not 32MB. That script fixed that problem.

I really don't think that "patching a suboptimal nvram setting" is worth
the risk to brick a router.  Instead, it could simply spit a warning in
the syslog explaining the situation and how the setting can be fixed
(such that the reader should be able to assess whether the diagnostic is
correct before actually performing the dangerous operation).

        Stefan