> The init script mostly reset the cpu clock and the sdram configs. Some
> idiots over clocked there routers are caused problems, linksys also
> bumped the clock to 216 in one update to cover up a instability. SDRAM
> settings have to do with early version of DD-WRT and I think one
> specific version of the linksys firmware. Asus may have also had a bad
> version. (nbd made the first nvramcleaner.sh, you can ask him or look
> into the WR section of the forum)

> You were not here back when this was first conceived and thus you
> don't know, it's clear we need better documentation.

I don't think the issue is just documentation.
I see 4 possible cases:
- nvram settings are good: nothing to do.
- nvram settings are bad, the machine can't boot: nothing to do.
- nvram settings are bad, but the machine is still able to boot and we
  can login remotely.
- nvram settings are bad, the machine boots up to the nvram-cleanup
  script, but can't do much more (e.g. can't login remotely into the
  machine).

The last case is the only one that justifies modifying the nvram setting
without human oversight.  If this fourth case doesn't exist, then we'd
be better off turning the nvram-fixup into a warning, to avoid taking
the risk of bricking the device.

        Stefan