Hi Aaron,

On 01/28/2012 06:55 AM, Aaron Z wrote:
> Thanks for looking at my logs.
> I just installed the trunk that was compiled today (r29915, thanks to whoever
> ran that build) and SSH seems to be behaving, so my SSH issues may have just
> been a fluke.
I got an other report of SSH not working correctly so there seams to be
something wrong.
> Wireless still fails at boot until I run the wifi debugging command as shown
> below.
> I tried running just wifi and even though both commands claim to use
> /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf for the config, something is different.
> When I run "killall -9 hostapd" then "wifi" I get told: "Configuration file:
> /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf" and "Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr MACADDRESS
> and ssid 'OpenWrt'"wifi is still rejecting connections.
> When I run "killall -9 hostapd; /usr/sbin/hostapd -dd
> /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf > /tmp/hostapd.log" it works right away.
This behavior is strange it could be that debugging activates some
needed code path, hostapd just works after the second start or that
there are timing issues. Could you run hostapd just with -d and without
-d and report what happens in these cases?

> One oddity, I see what may be an extraneous entry in ifconfig called
> mon.wlan0:
> Before the "debug" piece above:
> mon.wlan0 Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr
> 00-88-88-88-00-2A-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
>           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:402 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:32
>           RX bytes:38292 (37.3 KiB)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
>
> wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:18:F8:D7:BB:35
>           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:32
>           RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:1516 (1.4 KiB)
>
> After:
> mon.wlan0 Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr
> 00-88-88-88-00-2A-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
>           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:136 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:32
>           RX bytes:13650 (13.3 KiB)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
>
> wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:88:88:88:00:2A
>           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:64 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:119 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:32
>           RX bytes:7058 (6.8 KiB)  TX bytes:15905 (15.5 KiB)
>
> Should  mon.wlan0 be there?
mon.wlan0 is created by hostapd and is needed in AP mode.