On 2014-03-19 20:22, Ben West wrote:
> I believe I discovered that interfaces in /etc/config/network and
> /etc/config/wireless sharing the same identifier causes a collision of
> some sort that can disable all the device's network interfaces, i.e.
> such that it no longer even responds to ping on eth0.
>
> Possibly, this is intentional?
AA or trunk?

At least in AA, wifi was still being set up by scripts that load both
the network config and the wireless config into one context, which is
probably causing these issues.
In trunk, wireless is being configured by netifd, which passes the full
config to the scripts, so it should be fixed there.

- Felix