On 27-05-18 01:08, Zoltan Gyarmati wrote:
On 27.05.2018 00:29, Koen Vandeputte wrote::07, Zoltan Gyarmati wrote:
Dear Koen&All

On 25.05.2018 14:33, Zoltan Gyarmati wrote:
On 25.05.2018 14:03, Koen Vandeputte wrote:

On 2018-05-25 13:30, Zoltan Gyarmati wrote:
Dear All,

 I'm testing the current OpenWrt  (master/HEAD) on RT5350F Olinuxino. Unfortunately the WiFi interface doesn't seem to work properly in client mode. `iwinfo wlan0 scan` runs successfully and shows my AP, but when i configure the interface as client and try to connect, the authentication seems to be successful (according to dmesg), but the wlan0 interface never gets IP address, even if i explicitly call udhcpc. If i set a static IP address for wlan0, and ping my AP, i have around 88% packet loss. There is no any relevant message in dmesg which could give a hint about the reason.

As a counter-check, i flashed the an old OpenWrt image from the HW vendor with kernel 3.18, and with that one the WiFi interface works properly. Does anyone else experience similar issues (either on this or any other RT5350F board)? Do you have any advice what to look into to sort this out?

Thanks,

Hi,

When you build master, did it already contain commit "hostapd: update to git HEAD of 2018-05-21, allow build against wolfssl" ? Could you also try to build the 18.06 which does not contain this one and compare?

You never know..

No, it didn't have that commit yet. Now i build an image with this new hostapd version and  I'll report. Thanks for the hint!

It's the same behavior with the newer hostapd version as well. It seems I'll have to look into how to debug WiFi performance issues...

Hi Zoltan,

When the issue appears, could you run following commands please and share the output?

My untrained eyes didn't spot anything unusual, but here are the outputs:
- iw phy0 info
https://pastebin.com/2hQ5wbng

- iw wlan0 info
https://pastebin.com/NPZZ1dBL

- iwinfo
https://pastebin.com/RHuJuYYu

- dmesg (just to be sure)
https://pastebin.com/1kTUY9t4

Thanks for the dumps.
I see you are connected using channel 13 and HT40, but channel 12 and channel 14 next to it are marked as "No IR"

Could you try 1 more thing please?
Please put the AP manually on channel 1 and retry.

Thanks,

Koen

Thanks,

Koen