A kickstarter is a good way to forecast demand.

You've captured the imagination of the geek community.

Not aware of peripheral issues or complexities in doing a kickstarter, though I agree with forecasting demand. "Geeks" are good at commenting on stuff, and intellectualizing a new board: let's see how many put their money where their mouth is.

I, for one, think the new board's a great idea, although I'm still happy with my Archer. I do feel that an upgrade in the next 12mo may become necessary, however.