When looking at routers for high noise applications, keep in mind the
frequent complaints of wireless instability on routers with atheros
chipsets due to a number of known and unknown driver bugs.

Both of the above routers (and it seems _most_ of the routers supporting
dual band that are reasonably priced) use Atheros chipsets.

See https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/9654  for more information on Atheros
bugs.

When i was looking at other options, i started tracking in the following
google docs spreadsheet;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atc5QQQNw_5ndFNFVU5oNXdJQlFpbWsxdExORU1tN2c#gid=0

the three on that list that were not atheros were
Brand Model Flash Ram CPU Mhz CPU Model
Asus RT-N56U 8 128 533 RT3662
Asus RT-N16 32 128 480 BCM4718
Linksys E3200 16 64 500 BCM47186

However i'm not sure how good support is currently for the asus and linksys
broadcom devices, as both of the wiki pages mention wireless problems with
trunk build (could be fixed, only way is to test!):
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/e3200
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/asus/rt-n16

And it seems the realtek chip is in a similar situation:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/asus/rt-n56u

Soooooo if you find another option that has good support and isn't these
chipsets, i'm interested in knowing as well :)

Thanks
Camden

hope this helps
Camden