Hello together,

due to the huge amounts of spam coming from abandoned servers, I want to
propose a Letter of Intent for Public Jabber Servers to fight spammers
locally and to make a clear public statement that we are going to block
abandoned servers and to publicize their domain names for others to
follow.

I have prepared a Jabber Spam Fighting Manifesto, available at
https://github.com/ge0rg/jabber-spam-fighting-manifesto

If you run a public server and are committed to fighting outbound and
inbound spam, please review the text and let me know if you would agree
to sign it. Please do not sign it *yet*, in case there is feedback
requiring changes to the text. Please provide any such feedback until
February 28th.

Kind regards,

Georg
--
Inofficial XMPP SPAM Team: Spam Protection and Abuse Management