Hi All,

I have drafted a basic approach for security group synching in release D
and it is as follows.

- Get list of secgroups  with rules for a tenant from all the regions which
do not have remote group references(currently, we ignore remote secgroup
references as there can be lot nested dependencies).
- Traverse each region and do the following
        - Get the list of secgroup which are present in all the regions
except the current region, These are the secgroups which we need to sync in
current region: say it GRP_TO_BE_SYNCED
        - There can be case where the secgroup from GRP_TO_BE_SYNCED may
have the same rules as the secgroup in current region(If not initially but
which will obviously happen after a sync job).
        - Traverse through the GRP_TO_BE_SYNCED and check if there are such
secgroups(rules overlapping groups), if there, ignore it. After this
filtering, the remaining secgroup will be the final list of secgroup which
should be created for the current region.
        - Create the secgroup with the final list of secgroups in the
region.
- Repeat the process for all the tenant in batches.
The default security group is not syned, as I feel region specific default
secgroup has to there in each region.

We must use neutron to perform all our operations as with neutron we have
total control over it.

For creating a security group we need the following information

      --tenant-id TENANT_ID
                        The owner tenant ID.
  --description DESCRIPTION
                        Description of security group rule.
  --direction {ingress,egress}
                        Direction of traffic: ingress/egress.
  --ethertype ETHERTYPE
                        IPv4/IPv6
  --protocol PROTOCOL   Protocol of packet. Allowed values are [icmp,
icmpv6,
                        tcp, udp] and integer representations [0-255]
  --port-range-min PORT_RANGE_MIN
                        Starting port range. For ICMP it is type.
  --port-range-max PORT_RANGE_MAX      Ending port range. For ICMP it is
code.
  --remote-ip-prefix REMOTE_IP_PREFIX
                        CIDR to match on.
We have all these details with us available.

Let us take this forward, Please review/comment.

--
Best Regards,
Ashish Singh