Hi,

What we have as verify jobs corresponds to what openstack calls check and these
are not enough to gate commits as you experienced.

If we had zuul, we could have gate jobs using dependent pipeline. [1] Until we
get zuul, my suggestion to you is to rebase changes before submitting them to
ensure you rerun verify jobs for the pending change against the latest master.
But you might find yourself in same situation over and over again if heavy
development is going on within the project and master is in constant move.

Finding problematic commits is manual work if they slip through. You need to
check the delta between the latest successful run and failed one.

I'm aware that this is probably not the answer you're looking for but this is
what we have with the current tooling. I hope openstack releases stable zuul v3
soon so we try it out.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/zuul/gating.html#dependent-pipeline

/Fatih

On 30 Nov 2016, at 08:41, Yujun Zhang