From: <opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org> on behalf of "Beierl, Mark"
<mark.bei...@dell.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 8:18 AM
To: "HU, BIN" <bh5...@att.com>
Cc: "opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org" <opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>
Subject: [opnfv-tech-discuss] Topics for Weekly Technical Discussion

Hello,

Is this the right place to discuss changing the docker image names from
containing the architecture to having the tag contain it instead?  For example
(from a previous email):

Alpine tags as follows:

multiarch/alpine:x86-latest-stable
multiarch/alpine:aarch64-latest-stable

Vs. in OPNFV we use the image name to specify the architecture [2], [3]:

opnfv/functest:latest
opnfv/functest_aarch64:latest

I think the way multiarch/alpine does it is preferable so that there is only
one repository name, but I think we need to discuss this across the different
projects and releng to make these changes.

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/multiarch/alpine/tags/
[2] https://hub.docker.com/r/opnfv/functest/
[3] https://hub.docker.com/r/opnfv/functest_aarch64/tags/

Regards,
Mark

Mark Beierl
SW System Sr Principal Engineer
Dell EMC | Office of the CTO
mobile +1 613 314 8106<tel:1-613-314-8106>
mark.bei...@dell.com<mailto:mark.bei...@dell.com>

On Aug 15, 2017, at 10:52, HU, BIN <bh5...@att.com<mailto:bh5...@att.com>>