From: opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org
[mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org] On Behalf Of Raymond Paik
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:29 PM
To: opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [announce] F & G releases naming

All,

As was discussed in a TSC call a few weeks ago, I'd like to kickoff the naming
process for both OPNFV releases in 2018 (i.e. F & G releases).  We'll  follow
the tradition of naming our release after rivers and rotate through different
continents.

So far, we have not had release names for rivers in Africa, Australia, and
South America (options for Antarctica as you can imagine are pretty limited).
My proposal is to start with Australia for the F-release and then move to
Africa for the G-release (Dave Neary already suggested that there are more
options for G in Africa :-))

I created a wiki
page<https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/SWREL/Future+release+name+candidates> for
community suggestions and will leave this open for a few weeks, so I encourage
everyone to add your ideas for F & G release names in respective tables.  I'll
plan on starting the voting on release names during the week of September 18th.

Thanks,

Ray