Hi Mark,

On 05/10/2018 21:24, Mark Beierl wrote:
> Ah, I spoke too soon.
>
> I have to admit I am at a loss to figure out how to enable swift in the
> current XCI scripts.  Is there any documentation for XCI that could help me
> understand which files need to be changed and what would need to be added?
> I’m nowhere close to being an Ansible expert, unfortunately.

There is no documentation as far as I can tell. All the information that
you need can be found in the OpenStack-Ansible document I posted before.

https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible-os_swift/latest/configure-swift.html

So that document suggests to make changes to
/etc/openstack_deploy/user_variables.yml and
/etc/openstack_deploy/conf.d/swift.yml

For XCI, we have our own copy of user_variables.yml (which is flavor
specific) at

https://github.com/opnfv/releng-xci/blob/master/xci/installer/osa/files/mini/user_variables.yml

For switch.yml we don't have our own copy but you can create one similar
to what we do for cinder

https://github.com/opnfv/releng-xci/blob/master/xci/installer/osa/files/cinder.yml

You would then have to modify

https://github.com/opnfv/releng-xci/blob/master/xci/installer/osa/playbooks/configure-opnfvhost.yml#L98

to ensure that your swift.yml file is being copied to the right location.

I hope that makes sense.

--
markos

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg